Are you a postal worker who was injured whilst at work? With over 150,000 postal works employed in the UK it would not be surprising to find a growing number of Personal Injury claims by postal workers in the line of duty.
Graham Coffey & Co solicitors are specialist accident solicitors for postal workers. If you believe you're entitled to compensation, then contact our team of experienced solicitors today for a free consultation on 0161 200 2440.
Typical postman accidents
Postmen and postal workers travel huge distances each week and carry out their duties by varied methods of transport. Cycling, walking and driving all carry inherent dangers increasingly so when carrying bulky bags, heavy parcels or heavy sacks of mail, which can often prevent a clear line of sight and cause poor balance.
Typical Postman Accidents we have dealt with at Graham Coffey & Co Solicitors are:
- Tripping over dangerous pavements
- Dog bites
- Injury sustained when Royal Mail bicycles are hit by overtaking vehicles
- Accident from vehicle collisions involving postal workers crossing the road
- A fall from a faulty Royal Mail bicycles
- A slip from a Faulty Royal Mail postal trolley
- Lacerations on sharp edged parcels and mail
- Lack of proper work clothing including; high visibility jackets, improper footwear, gloves.
- Back injury due to overfilled postal bags, carrying heavy parcels, and pushing mail trolleys
Graham Coffey & Co solicitors are specialist accident solicitors for postal workers. We will take the time at the outset of your claim to identify not only the cause of the accident but the full extent of your losses. We don't just want to help you to recover compensation – we want to make sure that you’re financially secure and able to return to normality as quickly as possible.
Solicitors for Injured Postal Workers/ Postmen in Greater Manchester & the North West
Employers have a duty to ensure a safe system of work, the regular maintenance of equipment and machinery, provision of suitable training and the provision of a safe workplace for its employees.
This is often due to;
- Poor training on warehouse conduct
- Tripping over discarded packaging, plastic ties, and mail cages in the mail sorting room
- Heavy lifting
- Dangerous mail sorting machinery
- Poorly outlaid pedestrian walkways
- Collision with a forklift, sack truck, or pallet truck