If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence while working in an office, Graham Coffey & Co. Solicitors can help you to claim compensation. Our legal experts are on hand to guide you throughout the claims process, helping to get your life back on track following an injury.
Our team - based in Manchester city centre - specialises in helping individuals every step of the way throughout legal proceedings after sustaining an injury in the workplace. We are friendly and knowledgeable, and will do our utmost to ensure you get the outcome you deserve.
How we work
At Graham Coffey & Co. Solicitors, we will work tirelessly to help you understand your claim and keep you updated with our progress at all times. We have particular expertise involving incidents where employees have:
- Slipped on spilled liquid or wet floors that have been cleaned
- Sustained a back injury due to inadequate lifting and carrying training
- Fallen downstairs
- Tripped over loose wires
- Sustained repetitive strain injury due to a poor workstation layout
- Suffered an electric shock due to loose connections or poorly installed equipment
No matter how your injury was sustained, we will do our utmost to ensure we secure the highest possible compensation sum for you following this incident. Any compensation secured will also help to cover lost earnings for time needed off work, costly medical bills and any other costs incurred as a result of your injury.
Your employer’s responsibility
Employers have a legal duty to ensure that working environments are safe and free from hazards that could pose a potential risk to the health and wellbeing of employees. Regular risk assessments should be carried out to identify any areas where changes need to be made. Where hazards are detected, employers must take steps to reduce the likelihood that an accident will take place.
Actions that should be taken to maintain workplace safety include:
- Adequate staff training relating to health and safety
- Providing safe and undamaged equipment
- Storing wiring in a safe and secure manner
- Using safety signs where there are hazards
- Ensuring workstations are clean and tidy
In cases where employers have failed to fulfil their legal obligations and you have sustained an injury as a result, you are entitled to claim compensation.