Accidents at work involving cranes and cherry pickers can lead to catastrophic or even fatal consequences, due to the risks involved in working at height with heavy loads. If the worst happens and you or a loved one is injured in a crane or cherry picker accident at work, it is important to speak with a specialist injury solicitor as soon as possible.
At Graham Coffey & Co, we are dedicated to helping people who have been involved in accidents at work recover from their injuries and obtain the compensation to which they are entitled. We can arrange a free consultation and ascertain quickly whether you have a case, before walking you through and supporting you during what can be a long and challenging legal process.
By working with us, you will stand the best possible chance of securing a compensation settlement that will provide you with peace of mind and allow you and your family to move on with your lives.
For more information, contact our knowledgeable and approachable team of solicitors today by calling 0161 200 2440. You can also complete our online enquiry form to request a call back at a time that is suitable for you.
How we work
At Graham Coffey & Co., we have many years of experience in handling claims relating to all sorts of accidents involving cranes and cherry pickers. This includes:
- Cranes overturning or collapsing
- Workers being thrown from carriers
- Workers becoming trapped between the carrier and a structure
- Crane equipment failures
- Poor ground conditions
- Cherry pickers being hit by another vehicle
- Unsafe work areas
- An item falling from a crane
- Accidents occuring when mobile cranes are being manoeuvred to a new location
No matter the specific circumstances of your injury, our knowledgeable solicitors will ascertain all the facts of the case and build the strongest possible compensation claim for you. Our aim will always be to secure the maximum amount of compensation available, helping you cover the cost of medical bills, any required rehabilitation and lost earnings brought on by your injury.
Your employer’s responsibility
Cranes, cherry pickers and mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs) are used every day on construction sites, building sites and other work sites that require work to be conducted at heights. However, working with this equipment poses significant risks, and serious accidents can occur if proper safety measures are not implemented.
If your worksite utilises heavy machinery such as cranes and cherry pickers, your employer has a legal responsibility to establish safe patterns of working with this equipment in order to remain compliant with health and safety regulations.
These responsibilities include carrying out the necessary risk assessments, providing proper training and protective gear, and putting procedures in place to reduce the possibility of a dangerous incident from occurring. Specific precautions include:
- Choosing the best machine for the job
- Considering the weather and ground conditions
- Conducting routine maintenance and inspections, with the Health and Safety Executive recommending daily or weekly checks
- Assessing the weight and angle of lift
- Training employees to operate or drive the crane or cherry picker, and on working in close proximity to the machine
- Teaching employees to perform specific tasks - for example, training a worker to use a chainsaw on a cherry picker
- Safely positioning the crane or cherry picker safely
- Providing proper safety equipment, including harnesses and hard hats, for those working with the machinery
If your employer has failed to fulfil these responsibilities and you have been injured as a result, you are entitled to claim compensation to make up for your pain and suffering and support you during recovery.
Why choose us?
At Graham Coffey & Co., our experienced team of solicitors handle crane or cherry picker accident claims with care and diligence, based on many years of experience in this area. Our aim is always to make the claims process as stress-free as possible, ensuring you and your family are able to get your lives back on track.
Our services include:
- A free, no-obligation initial consultation to assess your claim
- No win, no fee legal representation
- A private medical examination and private treatment, where appropriate
- Emergency treatment when required
- Recovering any loss of earnings you may have experienced
You will always have access to the direct-dial telephone number for the solicitor who is handling your case, rather than having to correspond via a receptionist. When they are unavailable, another member of our team will be on hand to step in to handle your enquiry.
Our law office is easily accessible in central Manchester, and we serve injured workers throughout the North West, including Preston. Members of our team can speak Punjabi and Urdu, and we are able to make home and hospital visits if this is most convenient for you.
Our one-call promise
We can provide clarity on the strength of your legal case within a single phone call. By speaking to us on the phone, our legal experts will be able to assess the basic details and determine whether or not you have a viable claim for compensation.
If you do, we will start working for you immediately, and within 24 hours we will send out the relevant documentation for you to sign and arrange a free consultation with one of our specialists. If you know the details of the defendant, we will also contact them within a day to get the legal proceedings underway.