Employers have a duty to ensure that ladders are properly maintained and used on a work site. This involves training employees, inspecting the ladders and making sure that proper assessments are carried out on the area of work. When a ladder accident occurs, our specialist injury solicitors at Graham Coffey & Co are here to help. We are dedicated to pursuing compensation for people injured in accidents at work and helping them recover.
Where do ladder accidents occur?
Ladder accidents can occur in a variety of settings. Whether you are working on-site in a warehouse or completing a job off-site, such as roofing work or window cleaning, your employer is responsible for your safety. Often, ladder accidents happen when employers rush to complete jobs. They may skip over necessary training, fail to hire the proper number of employees to conduct the work or decide to use a ladder for a job to avoid the cost of scaffolding that is truly needed.
Different types of ladder accident claims
Our solicitors handle claims for workers injured in accidents involving:
- Using a ladder where scaffolding should have been used
- Defective ladders
- Improperly inspected and maintained ladders
- Using a ladder on uneven ground
- Lack of training for the employee on how to properly use the ladder
- Improper usage of equipment whilst on a ladder
- Fall from ladder/falling injuries
- Incorrect size or type of ladder for the job
- Lack of someone to hold the ladder
- Slippery ladder rungs
- Improper assessment of the work area
- Object falling whilst footing a ladder
- Lack of proper handhold on ladder
- Insecure Ladders
If you are considering making an injury claim after a ladder fall or any type of ladder accident resulting in injury, try to make sure that the ladder is retained for inspection. If possible, obtain photographs of the ladder and the area in which it was being used. If you can't do this, don't worry; you can still pursue your claim. Contact our qualified Manchester ladder accident solicitors. At Graham Coffey & Co, we welcome your inquiries, and we are here to answer your questions.