Many people make use of public transportation such as the Metro or — when in London — the Tube to go about their business. With the thousands of people who travel by train or Tube, however, accidents are bound to happen. Where those accidents could have been prevented by proactive action on the part of station managers or occupiers, however, you may be able to make a claim for any injuries you sustain at the Tube or train station.
Graham Coffey & Co represents individuals throughout North West England who have suffered injury at Metro train stations in Manchester or on the London Underground while travelling in the capital. We handle slip-and-fall accident claims arising from a variety of circumstances one may face at transport stations, including:
- Slipping on wet stairs, especially those with metal edging
- Slipping on wet platforms or in ticket halls
- Accidents on overcrowded or slippery escalators
- Tripping over discarded luggage, newspapers or repair work equipment
- Falling while stepping on or off the train
- Unguarded drops from the train to the platform or elsewhere in the station
- Food or drink spills
- General lack of warning signs
- Potholes or damaged pavement
- Tripping or falling due to poor lighting
- Sliding on icy surfaces that have not been properly gritted/salted
Station managers, food or convenience store vendors, servicing crews and repair teams have the duty to ensure that the station and platforms remain safe for individuals. A part of this duty is to perform regular inspections, limit access to areas undergoing repair and clean up spills in a timely manner, as well as place warning signs in highly visible areas to warn passengers of possible hazards or slippery surfaces.
Serving Clients in Liverpool and Greater Manchester: Solicitors for Trip-and-Fall Injuries at the Train or Tube Station
If you or a loved one slipped or fell at the train station or while travelling on the Tube in London, we can assist you in making a claim for your injuries. Call our firm on 0161 820 9501 or complete our online contact form to arrange a free consultation.