Landlords and housing associations are responsible for conducting routine maintenance and for keeping their rented properties safe. When a tenant or visitor slips and falls or suffers any kind of injury due to poor maintenance of a building, the injured person is entitled to compensation. It is important to seek legal advice from our experienced team at Graham Coffey & Co. Solicitors as soon as possible after an injury in a rented property. There may be evidence that could be used to support your case that should be collected before the landlord is able to correct the problem.
When a pipe bursts, a staircase becomes unstable or any type of dangerous condition is reported, it is also the landlord's duty to make sure that repairs are carried out in a timely manner. Injuries in common areas of flats and other shared properties happen regularly. Unfortunately, landlords often overlook these areas.
Serving Greater Manchester, Including Bolton: Solicitors for Accidents in Rented Accommodation
Our specialist injury solicitors have assisted many injured tenants in making claims against landlords and housing associations. Contact our firm if you or a loved one has been injured in a rented property accident involving:
- Council properties/private tenants
- Defective steps/handrails/banisters
- Poorly secured fixtures and fittings
- Carbon monoxide
- Collapsing walls and ceilings
- Slip, trip and fall accidents (icy stairs, broken concrete, defective carpeting)
- Poor plumbing/flooding resulting in mould/breathing difficulties
- Poorly maintained fires, boilers, gas equipment and cooking hobs
- Unstable outdoor walls
- Garden accidents
- Faulty wiring/electrical injury/electrocution
- Faulty smoke alarms/fires/smoke inhalation/burns
- Poor lighting and security (outside of or in the rented property)
Contact Our Firm
To arrange a free consultation with one of our experienced Manchester solicitors handing injured tenant claims, call 0161 820 9613 or complete the online form to send us an email. All of our fees will be recovered from the other side.
We are conveniently located in central Manchester, and we serve clients throughout the Greater Manchester area. We offer solicitors who speak Punjabi and Urdu.