Manchester Solicitors for Cyclist Injury on Roundabouts
Many cyclists have experienced the fear on an approach to a roundabout and with good reason.
In March 2011 a 64 year old cyclist from Bury died after suffering a head injury during an accident on the roundabout at the junction of Wellington Road and Market Street.
So why are Roundabouts so dangerous?
- Flared entries and larger roundabouts encourage vehicle to travel at higher speed when entering the roundabout.
- Multiple exists encourage and necessitate lane changes
- Multiple lane approaches to Roundabouts often result in higher sides vehicles restricting the view of traffic positioned to the left
Graham Coffey & Co specialist Cyclist Injury solicitors are highly trained to understand the specific problems faced by cyclists.
Accident claims for Cyclist Injuries in Greater Manchester and surrounding areas
It isn't only the design of the roundabout that contributes to the increasing numbers of accidents involving cyclists but of course higher volumes of traffic and plain and simple poor driving:
- Using a mobile phone
- Trying to accelerate onto roundabout ahead of a cyclist
- Failing to check side mirrors for cyclists when changing lanes
- Failing to check passenger side mirror when entering a roundabout
- Trying to enter a roundabout without slowing down
These are just some of the reasons why Cyclists contact Graham Coffey & Co specialist Cyclist Injury Solicitors.
Serving Greater Manchester & North West England: Bike Accident Solicitors
Our law office is conveniently located in central Manchester, and we serve injured cyclists throughout the Greater Manchester area, including Bolton. To arrange a free consultation, call 0161 820 9613 or complete the online form to send us an email. We offer solicitors who speak Punjabi and Urdu.