Crane accidents can result in catastrophic and even fatal accidents due to the nature of working at substantial heights and lifting heavy loads. If you or a loved one was injured in a crane accident at work, it is important to speak with a specialist injury solicitor. At Graham Coffey & Co, we are dedicated to helping people who have been involved in accidents at work recover from their injuries and obtain the compensation to which they are entitled.
Cranes, cherry pickers and mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs) are used every day on construction sites, building sites and other work sites that require work to be conducted at heights. In fact, many injuries actually occur while workers are elevated. If you or a loved one has been hurt by a crane, contact our law office today.
Crane Accidents in the Manchester Area
Often, crane accidents involve:
- A crane overturning
- A crane collapsing
- A worker being thrown from the carrier
- A worker becoming trapped between the carrier and a structure
- Crane equipment failure
- Poor ground conditions
- A cherry picker being hit by another vehicle
- Unsafe work areas
- An item falling from a crane
- A mobile crane being manoeuvred to a new location
Employers have a range of duties and responsibilities that they must uphold in order to safely conduct work using cranes and cherry pickers, including:
- Choosing the best machine for the job
- Considering the weather and ground conditions
- Conducting routine maintenance and inspections (the Health and Safety Executive recommends daily or weekly inspection)
- Assessing the weight and angle of lift
- Training employees to operate or drive the crane or cherry picker
- Training employees to work in the vicinity of the machine
- Training employees on specific tasks (for example, training a worker to use a chainsaw on a cherry picker)
- Positioning the crane or cherry picker safely
- Providing proper safety equipment, including harnesses and hard hats
Tower Crane Accidents
Tower crane accidents are becoming increasingly common due to their increased usage. These accidents are commonly caused by tower cranes collapsing or overturning, often due to human error either in the operation of the crane or in its maintenance.
Solicitors Serving Greater Manchester & North West England: Assisting Cherry Picker Accident Victims
Contact our Manchester solicitors handling crane accident and cherry picker accident claims for advice and guidance based on many years of experience. Our law office is conveniently located in central Manchester, and we serve injured workers throughout North West England, including Preston. To arrange a free consultation, call 0161 820 9613. We offer solicitors who speak Punjabi and Urdu, and we make home and hospital visits.