Manchester Care Home Accident Solicitors
Working in a care home or nursing home is a rewarding job. But it is also one of the most challenging and unless the employer devotes sufficient resources to ensure there is a safe system of work it can also be one of the most dangerous.
Caring for the elderly or mentally ill can involve the most minor of tasks such as providing a glass of water to the most strenuous lifting of infirm patients.
- Heavy un-assisted lifting
- Collapsing and unstable care home furniture and seating
- Slipping on spillages
- Assaults by aggressive patients with illnesses such as; dementia, Alzheimer's, cerebral palsy, and down syndrome
Employers must consider all aspects of the care home and the employee's duties. Detailed risk assessments must be carried out and where practicable steps taken to reduce the risk to an employee being injured.
Bolton Nursing Home Care Injury Solicitors
Home Caring involves additional challenges with the work environment changing daily. It is important that employer make sure that you have sufficient training and where necessary sufficient support to carry out your care duties without increased risk of injury.
- Recklessly expecting unaccompanied employees to deal with aggressive patients
- Unsecured wardrobes falling onto employees
- Failing to carry out systematic inspections and cleaning to remove spillages
- Failing to realise the risk to employees following aggressive patient behaviour
- Failure to install correct lifting equipment to assist the transfer of patients to bed
- Failing to train employees in the safe handling of aggressive Patients/residents
- Failing to provide Manual Handling training to employees
These are just some of the reason why your Care Home/Nursing Home employers may be held responsible for injuries suffered by employees.
Contact Graham Coffey & Co Solicitors
If you have been injured within the last 3 years whilst employed at a nursing home or whilst employed as a home carer then contact our specialist care home injury solicitors now for a free consultation. All claims will be considered on a no win/no fee basis. To arrange a free consultation, call 0161 820 9529 or complete the online form to send us an email. Our law office is located in Manchester and we serve injured workers throughout North West England, including Blackburn.